Please check out the answers to your most frequently asked questions:
1) What is NCAAL XI? Why should I attend?
NCAAL provides attendees with an array of learning, professional development, and networking opportunities. Nationally recognized speakers, authors and leaders, present on issues, opportunities, and best practices. Attendees always get to experience a bit of the local flavor and history of the host city with special events, and tours highlighting the city’s Black history and culture.
2) What is the approximate cost to attend NCAAL?
NCAAL cost varies depending on the conference location. NCAAL planning committees have worked to ensure that the cost of registration and hotel rates make the conference financially feasible. Conference registration rates are competitive with similar size library conferences. There are special registration rates for early registrants, BCALA members among others, that can yield cost savings. We encourage you to plan ahead to get the best rates on airfare, and conference registration. Below are the proposed or estimated costs for registration, and rates for the conference hotel.
Proposed Conference Registration Rates*:
|Ethnic Caucus/ALA/Regional (AK, KS, TX)||$350||$350|
The following conference registration rates are subject to change.
Hyatt Tulsa NCAAL XI Conference Rates:
- $109/night single, doubles, triple, quad
- $129/night Regency Club, King Single or Double
Note: These rates apply only to the Tulsa Hyatt, the official conference NCAAL XI hotels. The planning committee has not negotiated any additional room rates with any other hotels in Tulsa. Room rates for other hotels in the area will vary. It is recommended that you contact your preferred hotel for current rates.
Estimated airfares to Tulsa (TUL): *
- Major East Coast Cities: $400+
- Major West Coast Cities: $350+
- Major Midwest Cities: $300+
- Major Southern Cities: $325+
*Note: These estimates are provided as a tool to help you budget for your conference experience. They are not intended to be a guaranteed price. Conference registration rates are subject to change prior to registration opening. Airfares are subject to fluctuate widely. You are advised to check airfares for your specific city to obtain a more accurate estimate.
3) Will the conference be accessible for attendees needing special accommodations?
4) Do I need to be a member of ALA and/or BCALA to attend NCAAL?
5) How can I become a member of BCALA?
6) Is there travel support for NCAAL?
7) What should I do if I am interested in speaking or presenting at the conference?
8) How can my organization exhibit at the conference, or be a conference sponsor?
9) Is it too late to be a part of the planning committee?
Keith Jemison: email@example.com and Tracey J. Hunter Hayes:
To volunteer, visit BCALA.ORG